The Petrek 3G GPS Pet Tracker is the world’s first and smallest 3G dedicated GPS tracker for pets!
Here is a snapshot of some of the great features of the Petrek 3G GPS Pet Tracker…
- 3G compatibility - giving it the best coverage ever!
- Small and lightweight body - suitable for cats and toy breed dogs!
- IP67 Waterproof rating (fully submersible to one metre for up to 30 minutes) so definitely okay for the pets that love swimming!
- Magnetic waterproof charger - just magnetically attach it to the charging plug!
- Proven, reliable iPet App!
- Long battery life!
Petrek 3G requires adequate 3G mobile coverage to operate effectively!
Petrek 3G GPS Pet Tracker
As vets and pet owners we know, all to well, the dreaded feeling when you realise your dearly loved dog or cat is missing!!
That is why, after years of R&D, we developed an advanced GPS pet tracker to help realise when your pet has got away and where he or she is at any time!
The Petrek 3G was created specifically for and by pet owners who gave and continue to give us valuable feedback about what they want and need in a pet tracking system. With the current technologies available we have managed to put together a GPS Tracker that provides accurate location updates at different intervals of your choice, can detect when your pet leaves a certain area that you have set up on your smartphone, can take as little as 30 to 60 minutes to charge to full and has a battery that can last up to several days of usage and is able to conserve battery life when no movement is detected.
The Petrek 3G is one of the most innovative GPS pet trackers in the market and, at 30 grams, can be used with even small dogs and cats! It operates using a pre-paid SIM card so you are not locked into any monthly costs. The Petrek GPS comes with a pre-installed Telstra network ALDI mobile SIM card loaded with $5.00 credit - enough to last 3 to 4 months! You just need to activate the SIM card on the ALDI website after you have received the tracker and you are up and running. Once the credit is getting low, just top it up with the $15 minimum levl at ALDI and that $15 will last you the entire year no matter how frequently you are getting location updates for your pet. If you prefer you can use any other SIM card of your choice but you may need to set up a new API and the running costs may be more than the $15 annual cost from ALDI.
So what makes the Petrek 3G GPS Pet Tracker so advanced?
Well, it’s the first 3G GPS Pet Tracker on the market. Our previous 2G Petrek Pet Tracker was also the first to offer a phone app that we developed especially for smartphones running on iOS and Android based systems. The app is called iPet and, with the iPet app, you are able to use your smartphone to perform many functions!
Live location: Get location updates by the press of a button shown on Google Maps with an accuracy of 2.5metres so you know exactly where your pet is or the last location of your pet.
Satellite view: With the touch of a button you can use full satellite imagery so you know which house, tree or fence your pet might be closest to. Or you can use "Hybrid" view that combines both map and satellite views!
Through the iPet App for both Android and iOS phones you can put your finger on your property or wherever you want to set up a virtual boundary and immediately create a proximity circle that you can adjust from 100 metres to 10 kilometres. Depending on your update time, should the iPet app detect your dog or cat outside the proximity circle on the latest location update, you will get an alert and notifications within seconds!
*Geo-Fencing relies on GPS signals for the Petrek GPS to update its location . As long as the tracker is moving (not in sleep mode) and outdoors, the breach will be picked up. Please also note a 3G network is required to send the notification to your phone.
Low Battery alert: When your Petrek GPS Pet Tracker is getting low on battery power, you will get a text to alert you to charge it up.
If the Petrek 3G does not detect movement, it simply goes into sleep mode. In pure sleep mode, it can last up to 5 days. However in practical use, depending on how active your pet is, the location update frequency and the features you set, you can expect a battery life of:
- Normal mode (5-10 min updates) - Approx 8-14 hours
- Urgent mode (30 Sec updates) 5-8 hours
- Power saving mode (2 hour updates) 2-4 days
*Battery life varies significantly depending on usage levels. For example, in areas with poor GPS signal (when indoors) or 3G reception, the battery life can decrease up to 2 hours. However, if your pet is normally out and about in open areas where the tracker doesn't have to constantly hunt for better reception, the battery life will increase. Read our FAQ section for more information.
*Note Switching back from Power saving mode to Normal or Urgent mode may take up to 15 minutes, however if Geo-fence is triggered, it will send a notification within 10-15 minutes and change back to “normal” mode automatically.
- Submersible: The Petrek 3G has an IP67 waterproof rating which means that the tracker can be submerged in water 1 metre deep for 30 minutes! To attain this IP67 rating we needed to go through independent and internationally certified testing. NOTE: If using in saltwater, the tracker must be rinsed in freshwater after each use. If not, the residual salt can damage the waterproofing seal and corrode the electronics.
- Location History: Using the iPet app you can find out where your pet has been for any day in the previous 2 months!
- Heat Map: Using this function, you can tell where your pet is spending most of his or her time during any day over the previous 2 months. NOTE: The Heat Map function is NOT available to iPhone users.
- Sharing: You can share your pet's location with friends or family by providing them with the unique code for your pet's tracker for them to add to the iPet app on their phone.
- Multiple Pets: You can track an unlimited number of pet trackers on your iPet phone app.
- Dimensions are 46mm(L) x 38mm(W) x 19mm(H) without the silicon collar adaptor case. Weight is 29 Grams without SIM card, or 30 Grams with SIM Card.
*1 – Live location updates require both a 3G and GPS signal. The tracker tracks location using GPS satellite technology but send that data to your smartphone using the 3G mobile phone network. So, before purchasing a Petrek 3G tracker it is very important to check that you have adequate 3G coverage in the area in which the tracker and the phone monitoring the tracker are to be used. GPS signals require clear sight of sky. If the tracker is inside a building with metal or concrete roofing it may affect GPS signals. So for best location updates the tracker requires to be outdoors.
LBS Assist function: If the tracker is indoors or under a building the tracker will then search for the nearest telecommunications cell tower (3G) to give you an idea of which area it might be. This guesstimation of location using 3G can be turned off if preferred. Please read the terms and conditions for more information.
*2 – Satellite view is only as accurate as the GPS signal - if there is GPS signal you will get a very accurate view. If there is no GPS signal as mentioned in *1 then, if LBS Assist function is enabled, the view will show you the nearest location using cell towers, just to give you an idea of which area the tracker is located.
*3 – Geo-fencing relies on adequate GPS signal strength - as long as the tracker is moving and is outdoors, movement outside of the perimeter of the Geo-fence will be picked up but if inside a vehicle and not near the window it may not pick up. The timing of the notification that your pet has left the Geo-fence area depends on the settings you are using for location updates.
*4 – Low battery alert applies only If there is 3G signal, if the collar is in an area with no reception you may not get a warning.